MBA@UNC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Your application and interview allows us to learn more about your experiences and goals, determine your holistic potential to succeed in our rigorous MBA program and understand how your values will positively contribute to UNC Kenan-Flagler’s diverse, collaborative learning environment.
To be admitted into the program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and have at least two years of professional experience. While we value advanced degrees as part of an application, they are not a substitute for work experience.
Ready to join us?
|Cohort Start||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
March 27, 2023
April 24, 2023
June 26, 2023
July 24, 2023
September 25, 2023
October 23, 2023
Submit the following materials to be considered for admission into MBA@UNC.
1. Online MBA@UNC Application
Begin your online application now.
2. Resume or CV
In a current business resume, list any relevant professional experience, including title, dates, and full-time or part-time status.
Submit digital or hard copy version of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
We require transcripts of all academic work completed at the baccalaureate/undergraduate and graduate level (from all colleges and universities attended). Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded to the online application for the purposes of application review, but official transcripts are required upon admission and matriculation.
E-mail all transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or select University of North Carolina, Online MBA, if listed as an option through a vendor. To mail transcripts, request that they be sent to the below address:
University of North Carolina
Application Processing Center
PO Box 30096 023-003
College Station, TX 77842
Please note: To be considered an official transcript, the transcript must be sent directly from your institution(s) or through an electronic transcript vendor retained by that institution. Transcripts submitted by enrolled or prospective students are considered unofficial documents, even if they are in a sealed envelope provided to you by the issuing university.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
The Admissions Committee requires two professional recommendations, preferably from supervisors. You should choose recommenders who can speak to your professional track record and abilities.
Two essays are required, and one is optional. The essay prompts are available in the online application.
GMAT or GRE scores are required for applicants with fewer than five years of professional experience. Request a waiver or learn more about the GMAT/GRE policy.
Our school code for the GMAT test is D40.HL.07 and the GRE test is 0024. There are a number of test preparation services available for the GMAT or GRE exam.
7. Official TOEFL or IELTS or PTE Academic Exam Score for Non-native English Speakers
Our school code for these tests is 5816. You do not need to submit a TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score if you:
- Earned an undergraduate or graduate degree at a U.S. college or university
- Conducted your total education in English in a native English-speaking country
- Earned an undergraduate degree or graduate degree from India. We may request test scores from some Indian candidates as needed.
8. Personal Interview Conducted Via Webcam
After you have submitted your application, you will be contacted by an Admissions Counselor to set up a personal interview.
9. MBA@UNC Application Fee of $150
Some applicants may qualify for fee waivers:
- Candidates who attend eligible MBA@UNC networking events or view one of our webinars
- Candidates who are currently employed by Teach For America, Americorps or the Peace Corps, or who have successfully completed their service within the past three years
- Speak with an Admissions Counselor to confirm your waiver before submitting your application. Refunds cannot be issued for an application fee that has already been paid. Our admissions team is available by phone at 888-986-2622 or by email at email@example.com.
MBA@UNC welcomes international candidates who have a college-level education equivalent to a U.S. undergraduate or baccalaureate degree.
Learn more about application requirements and opportunities for applicants who live outside the U.S.
Get Started Now
If you are ready to get started, apply now to join our next cohort.