GMAT/GRE WAIVER POLICY
How to Apply for a GMAT/GRE Waiver
- Undergraduate and graduate course work in quantitative subjects
- Educational background
- Previous work experience
- Current job responsibilities
- Professional certifications
- Start an application here.
- Complete the academic background section of the application for every institution attended. Attach scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts for each institution, including programs where you did not receive a degree, study abroad programs and college-level studies undertaken while in high school.
- Attach a resume in the Professional Background section of the application. You do not need to submit your completed application to be considered for a GMAT/GRE waiver.
- Download the GMAT waiver application form as a PDF. If you do not see an option to download, save the form to your computer as a PDF file by selecting “Save Page As” or “Print as PDF,” depending on your browser.
- Fill out all fields. Making sure to call attention to quantitative skills and experience you have gained through work and education.
- Submit your request. Email the completed PDF as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to your Admissions Counselor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the logic underlying the GMAT/GRE waiver policy?
How do you evaluate an applicant’s ability to succeed in the online MBA program?
- Academic readiness, as evidenced by performance in undergraduate and graduate course work, standardized tests and career progression
- Effective communication skills, as demonstrated by the essays and interview
- Recommendations from managers and professional peers
- Career focus and fit with UNC Kenan-Flagler’s core values and culture
How do you classify work experience?
Even if I qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver, may I submit a score report as additional information for my application?
Do you include Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) work in the review of a test waiver application?
- The course was completed from an AACSB-accredited, top-20 ranked business school
- Along with the test waiver application, the applicant submits an official and verifiable copy of the certificate confirming successful completion of the course