Tuition & Financial Aid
For MBA@UNC students starting the program in academic year 2013-2014 (July 2013 – June 2014), MBA@UNC tuition will be $1,416.67 per credit hour. Tuition is charged per credit hour; MBA@UNC is a 66 credit hour program. Students starting the program July 2013-June 2014 can expect to pay at least $93,500 for the entire program, with a moderate increase in tuition and fees expected each academic year. Students may take up to 36 months to complete the program, with most completing the program within 24 months.
MBA@UNC tuition includes student fees, simulations, assessments, texts, technology platform licensing and support and global immersions. You are required to attend two global immersions to meet core course graduation requirements, and you may earn elective course credit for two additional immersions. Immersions are worth one credit hour each and are billed at the credit hour rate in effect during the registration period for that immersion (transportation to and from the immersion location is not included in tuition).
Students who wish to attend more than four immersions may do so, however you will only receive course credit toward graduation requirements for the first four immersions you attend.
Admitted applicants will be required to submit a $1,500 non-refundable enrollment deposit to reserve a space in the class. Enrollment deposits will be applied as a credit toward the first quarter’s tuition if the student enrolls in the program.
Financing the MBA@UNC Program
After you have submitted your MBA@UNC application, we encourage you to apply for financial aid.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): All applicants applying for federal student loans must complete the FAFSA form at: www.fafsa.gov. The Federal School Code for The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is – 002974.
- MBA@UNC Tuition Assistance Form: Completion of the Tuition Assistance Form is only required for students who are receiving tuition assistance from their employer. You can download the PDF form here and fax or email it to the Financial Aid Office.
UNC Kenan-Flagler participates in the following financial options to assist students in paying their tuition:
- Fellowships: MBA@UNC awards a limited number of partial tuition fellowships to outstanding admitted applicants who have demonstrated excellence in many areas of their applications. Learn more.
- Corporate sponsorship: Some companies provide full or partial tuition support for employees. Preparing a request for corporate sponsorship can help maximize the likelihood of obtaining your company’s support. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information on how to create an effective request.
- Veterans Benefits: MBA@UNC is an approved program for students receiving military education benefits. Learn More.
- Student loans: All students can be considered for student loans to cover tuition and some living expenses while pursuing the MBA@UNC program. UNC Kenan-Flagler has a student loan officer who provides dedicated assistance to all MBA@UNC applicants.
- To be considered for Federal Direct Loans or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loans, you must complete the FAFSA. Federal student loans are only available to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Our students also have the option of requesting loans through private student loan lenders. You can apply for a private student loan online at the lender of your choice’s website. Completing the FAFSA is not required to apply for a private education loan
Click here to read more about our financing options.
UNC offers several options for students to make a payment towards tuition. Click here to see all available payment methods.
Contact Anna Kerns for questions about financial aid.