MBA Rankings & Reputation
UNC Kenan-Flagler Rankings
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School has built a reputation as one of the most respected business schools in the country. Our traditional on-campus programs—including our full-time MBA program, our MBA for Executives (EMBA) programs and our Executive Development program—have been recognized by top publications as some of the finest in the nation.
UNC’s EMBA programs are ranked among the top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report (No. 9), The Wall Street Journal (No. 10), Poets & Quants (No. 10) as well as being ranked 12th by Bloomberg Businessweek.
Executive Development custom programs from UNC have also been ranked ninth in the world and fourth in the U.S. by Financial Times, and 13th in the world and fourth in the U.S. by Bloomberg Businessweek.
In addition to rankings for individual programs, the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School itself has been recognized for excellence in many areas. Poets & Quants ranks UNC Kenan-Flagler No. 4 in the nation for best MBA teaching faculty, and Bloomberg Businessweek ranks the school among the top-10 schools for leadership (No. 7), sustainability (No.7) and full-tuition scholarships (No. 5).
MBA@UNC has not yet appeared in major online MBA rankings, primarily due to the program’s recent beginning in 2011. Some premiere ranking publications either do not rank graduate programs for a minimum number of years following the inaugural graduation class, or require a program to run for a number of years before being considered for rankings. MBA@UNC graduated its inaugural class in 2013.
We intend to participate in national rankings in the future. There are a number of factors that weigh into the rankings methodologies of online MBA programs, all of which are areas in which MBA@UNC excels, including:
- Faculty—MBA@UNC courses are designed and taught by the same renowned faculty who teach in the on-campus MBA programs.
- Admissions Standards—Our online students are held to the same rigorous academic and professional standards as those who attend on campus, ensuring that all of our students bring a wealth of experience and dedication to the classroom.
- Curriculum—Coursework and classes are designed by our highly regarded UNC faculty, and uphold the same values and rigor that have helped UNC Kenan-Flagler’s on-campus program develop a reputation as one of the top business schools in the nation.
- Flexibility—Through our cutting-edge online learning platform, students participate in their weekly live class sessions from anywhere they can connect to the Internet. Asynchronous coursework builds upon material learned in class and can be completed on a student’s own time throughout each week from any computer or mobile device. Students can even access assignments and recorded lectures without an Internet connection using our mobile application.
- Program Delivery—Our unique, face-to-face live class structure delivers levels of flexibility and collaboration that set MBA@UNC apart from other online MBA programs. Not only can students take courses from anywhere, but classes are offered at various times throughout the day that are strategically planned to accommodate working professionals.
- Reputation—MBA@UNC upholds the same values and curriculum that have contributed to UNC Kenan-Flagler’s reputation as a leading business institution.
- Accreditation—UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Online Interaction and Student Engagement—MBA@UNC students not only interact weekly during live online classes, they have the opportunity to connect with classmates and professors via our unique learning platform. Small-group projects, collaborative discussions, one-on-one office hours and interactions outside of class (both online and in person) create a community of professionals that are just as connected as traditional on-campus MBA communities.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio—MBA@UNC features classes with a student-to-faculty ratio of no more than 15 to 1. This intimate classroom structure ensures that every student’s voice will be heard.
- Career Progress—More than 70 percent of MBA@UNC students have reported earning a promotion either during or shortly following their time in the program (an average of one student promoted each week).
- Immersive Experiences—Students in the program have the opportunity to join classmates, professors and influential business leaders in locations around the world for Global Immersion weekends. During these collaborative outings, students can build professional networks, gain critical first-hand business experience and take in local culture.
- Career Services and Leadership Development—UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a top-quality career management and leadership development program that provides one-on-one career development planning to MBA@UNC students.
- Student Support Services—From first contact all the way through graduation and beyond, MBA@UNC provides students with unparalleled support.