GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
A GMAT or GRE score report is required as part of the application process to MBA@UNC as it is used by Admissions Committee to help assess an applicant’s quantitative readiness for the academic rigor of the program. However, a waiver may be considered for a candidate whose academic records and professional work experience demonstrate a high level of quantitative and analytical skill and ability necessary for academic success in the MBA@UNC program.
Multiple factors are considered in the review of a waiver request. Elements that are considered include academic (specifically quantitative) undergraduate and graduate coursework and grades, the rigor of the college or university, previous work experience and current job responsibilities, and professional certifications. No GMAT/GRE waiver is automatic and an approved waiver request does not guarantee admission to the program.
1. Start an MBA@UNC application here and complete the following:
- You must complete the Academic Background: Colleges/Universities section for every college and university you have attended.
- You must attach scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from every college and university you have attended, even if you did not receive a degree. This also includes transcripts for college-level studies taken while in high school and any study abroad program for which your home institution was not the credit grantor.
- You must attach your resume in the Professional Background section of the application.
- While you must complete the specific steps outlined above, you do not have to complete the entire application to be considered for a GMAT/GRE Waiver.
2. Complete the MBA@UNC GMAT waiver application form
- Save the form to your computer as a PDF file. You can do this either using “Save Page As” or “Print as PDF,” depending on the browser you are using.
- All fields are required.
- Be sure to include the following:
- All quantitative undergraduate and/or graduate coursework
- Current job responsibilities that specifically demonstrate applied quantitative and analytical skills
- Professional certifications with a quantitative focus (e.g. CPA, CFA, FINRA, Six Sigma)
- Submit the completed form via email to your Admissions Counselor or OnlineMBA@unc.edu.
For questions about this waiver policy, please contact one of our admissions counselors at 1.888.9UNC.MBA or via email at OnlineMBA@unc.edu.