GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
A GMAT or GRE score report is required as part of the application process to MBA@UNC as it is used by Admissions Committee to help assess an applicant’s quantitative readiness for the academic rigor of the program. However, a waiver may be considered for a candidate whose academic records and professional work experience demonstrate a high level of quantitative and analytical skill and ability necessary for academic success in the MBA@UNC program.
Multiple factors are considered in the review of a waiver request. Elements that are considered include academic (specifically quantitative) undergraduate and graduate coursework and grades, the rigor of the college or university, previous work experience and current job responsibilities, and professional certifications. No GMAT/GRE waiver is automatic and an approved waiver request does not guarantee admission to the program.
Note: Prior to submitting a GMAT Waiver Application you must first have an active MBA@UNC program application started. Once your application is in progress we will be able to match your application to your GMAT Wavier application. You do not have to submit your application to receive a GMAT Waiver decision. You can start your MBA@UNC application here.
To apply for a GMAT or GRE waiver, a candidate will need to submit the following three components:
1. GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form should include:
- All quantitative, undergraduate and/or graduate, coursework
- Current job responsibilities that specifically demonstrate applied quantitative and analytical skill
- Professional certifications with a quantitative focus (i.e. CFA, FINRA series, Six Sigma)
2. Scanned copies of all academic transcripts – Unofficial or official copies for all undergraduate and graduate courses are acceptable.
3. A current resume or CV – Specific roles and responsibilities should be provided for each full-time position.
For questions about this waiver policy, please contact one of our admissions counselors at 1.888.9UNC.MBA or via email at OnlineMBA@unc.edu.