Privacy and Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
Use of Website Materials
The Website provider owns and/or licenses all content and other materials on the Website, including but not limited to all text, designs, logos, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, routines, documentation, technology, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively “Materials”). The Materials are copyrighted and/or trademarked, and any unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright, trademark and/or other laws.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Any copyright owner or its agent that believes that any Content or other material on the Website infringes upon its copyright(s) should give written notice to the Website provider’s authorized agent, listed below in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The notice to the Website provider shall contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that has allegedly been infringed upon;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list of such works at a single online site;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is reasonably sufficient to permit the Website provider to locate the material;
- The contact information of the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner has a good faith reasonable belief that the particular use of the identified material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the individual submitting the notice is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Written submissions of alleged infringements of alleged infringements may be sent to the Website provider’s designated Copyright Agent, email@example.com, 8201 Corporate Drive, Suite 190, Landover, MD 20785. A notice may not be valid if it fails to comply with all of the above-listed requirements.
Program trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Website, including, but not limited to MBA@UNC, are registered trademarks of the Website provider and/or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website without the written permission of the Website provider or such third party that may own other trademarks displayed on the Website. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Website, or any other content on the Website is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that the Website provider will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
By responding to any 2U “friends and family” offer, (i) you represent that you are a member of the friends and family network of a 2U employee, (ii) you will be required to identify the 2U employee in whose friends and family network you are a member, and (iii) you will not be eligible for the “friends and family” offer or any “friends and family” discount unless and until the 2U employee that you identified confirms that you are a member of his or her “friends or family” network.
User Content and Code of Conduct
You agree that you alone are responsible for any and all text, graphics, videos, images, music, sounds, and any other content that you publish, upload, display or transmit on or through the Website (collectively “Content”), including but not limited to any information that you submit in connection with your application to the Program. You further agree not to publish, upload, display or transmit any Content or information that is untrue or inaccurate, or that you did not create and that you do not have permission to publish, upload, display or transmit.
The Website is made available to you for your personal, educational and non-commercial use only. You agree that the information submitted, posted, transmitted or shared by you on or through the Website does not include any libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material; or violate or infringe upon the rights of any third-party, including but not limited to any and all copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, your qualifications and/or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- publish, upload, display or transmit or otherwise make publicly available on the Website any private information of any third party, including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- obtain email addresses or other contact information of any other individual from the Website for the purpose of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- publish, upload, display or transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- use the Website to intimidate or harass any individual.
Accuracy of Information
The Website provider believes that all of the information that appears on the Website, and in any e-mail or other alerts provided in connection with the Website, is accurate. However, the Website provider does not guarantee such accuracy. The Website provider recommends that you independently verify all information prior to making any educational or educational financing decisions.
Any links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. The Website provider does not endorse such sites and is not responsible for their content. If you decide to access any of the sites linked to from the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimers and Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.”
IN PARTICULAR, THE WEBSITE PROVIDER AND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES AND/OR LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
(A) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
(B) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR;
(C) ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR
(D) DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
THE WEBSITE PROVIDER AND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE PROVIDER AND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES AND/OR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
(A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
(B) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
(I) ANY CHANGES WHICH THE WEBSITE PROVIDER MAY MAKE TO THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE WEBSITE (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE WEBSITE);
(II) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE; OR
(III) YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE WEBSITE PROVIDER WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION.
THE LIMITATIONS ON THE WEBSITE PROVIDER AND/OR THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL’S LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT EITHER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments related to the Website, please contact the Website provider at firstname.lastname@example.org.