Distance Learning MBA
Earn a top-ranked MBA degree while maintaining your obligations at home and work
The MBA@UNC is a distance learning MBA program offered by UNC's Kenan-Flagler Business School. This groundbreaking program provides the same renowned education available on UNC's Chapel Hill campus, but alters its delivery so that students from across the globe can benefit from and participate in the Kenan-Flagler experience.
Using a state-of-the-art platform that enables Kenan-Flagler's prestigious faculty to deliver rigorous course content online, the MBA@UNC offers working professionals a flexible distance MBA program that embodies the school's tradition of excellence.
Unlike any other distance learning MBA program
The MBA@UNC features three unique learning environments, each of which is designed to empower you with the business knowledge and relationships you'll need to accelerate your career, regardless of where you may work and live. These environments are:
- Asynchronous, or course content and interactive case studies that are available at your convenience;
- Synchronous, or real time, face-to-face online class sessions and collaborative activities; and
- Immersion weekends held each quarter to further develop leadership skills and professional networks.
The MBA@UNC is delivered using advanced online technologies that include high quality video, live case discussions and interactive activities encouraging collaboration between students, professors and peers. Our social media-inspired platform allows you to study and interact 24/7 with Kenan-Flagler professors and fellow classmates who hail from around the globe. You will:
- Attend weekly lectures online, in which you'll interact with your professors and a small class of 10 to 15 fellow students through real time streaming video chats. Each of these classes will be recorded, allowing you the convenience of reviewing them at your leisure.
- Prepare for these live class sessions with high quality, faculty-designed video coursework that enables you to study whenever and wherever.
- Access course materials and assignments 24/7.
- Meet with your professors during office hours via web-cam or communicate with them through discussion boards.
- Expand your professional network from day one. Get to know classmates through intimate, live online classes, small group discussions and case study exercises. Outside of class, exchange ideas and discuss topics on course-related wall posts, hold online study sessions and even create online clubs to connect with other MBA students who share common career goals and interests.
- Attend at least two in-person immersion weekends at select cities around the globe. Use these events to establish leadership skills and relationships through live simulations, mock interviews and other hands-on activities.
If you're determined to accelerate your career while still honoring your home and work commitments, the MBA@UNC offers you the ideal distance learning platform to pursue your passion and grow as a leader. Like every UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA program, MBA@UNC is a fully accredited online MBA program by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the premier MBA-accrediting agency.