6 Podcasts for Learning Business on the Go
The growing popularity of podcasts means that it's easier than ever to download free audio files and absorb helpful information anywhere you want, whether you're running on the treadmill, driving to work, waiting for a flight or cooking dinner. Podcasts cover virtually every interest from gardening to video games, but business and leadership are among the most popular categories. Here's a look at six podcasts that allow you to gain business insights on the go.
- Give Good with Katie McCarthy: Performance coach Katie McCarthy interviews social innovators, best-selling authors and inspiring entrepreneurs about how they turned their passions into action. Lasting about half an hour, each podcast offers practical advice on issues like balancing family and business, boosting productivity and more. Recent guests include Billy Thompson of Thompson Tees, Anthony Green of StartChargingMore.com and author/speaker Betsy Kruger.
- The Leadership Dojo: In the Leadership Dojo, teacher and blogger Alex Barker interviews inspirational leaders across many corners of the business world, offering hard-won lessons from the trenches. Each podcast lasts between about half an hour to an hour and covers topics like overcoming self-doubt, learning from failures and creating a thriving business. Recent guests include New York Times best-selling author Dan Miller, Dillanos Coffee Roasters CEO David J. Morris and leadership consultant and TED Talk speaker Drew Dudley.
- The Daily Boost: Lifestyle entrepreneur, speaker and consultant Scott Smith hosts the wildly popular self-help podcast The Daily Boost. He offers tips specifically to business owners and entrepreneurs in The Business Boost. Each podcast lasts 10 minutes or less, offering a jolt of motivation in areas like time management, boosting your company's rates and creating an online business.
- Your Best Just Got Better: In his weekly podcast, productivity expert Jason Womack shares simple, actionable steps to getting more done and lowering stress levels in the process. Each podcast is less than 10 minutes, so it easily fits into a busy lifestyle. Womack shares beyond-the-basics tips on setting personal and professional goals, automating tasks, improving presentation skills and more. His enthusiasm and passion for productivity is infectious!
- Entrepreneur On Fire: Host John Lee Dumas posts an entrepreneur interview seven days a week and has interviewed big shots like Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk and Tim Ferriss as well as up-and-coming entrepreneurs. Interviewees share the highs and lows of their entrepreneurial journeys, discussing topics like monetizing an online business, pushing through failures and dealing with periods of rapid growth.
- Under30CEO:Michael Luchies from the website Under30CEO talks to successful young entrepreneurs about how they've dealt with lawsuits, juggled multiple business ventures, screened employees for culture fit or differentiated themselves from the competition. Guests have included Brent Beshore of Adventur.es, Lee Salisbury of UnitOneNine and Seth Fraz of Urban Brain & Body.
Want to learn more strategic business skills on the go? Consider earning an online MBA through UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. This innovative program combines cutting-edge social technologies, prestigious faculty and rigorous course content to give working professionals anywhere in the world the flexibility of an online MBA.