San Francisco Immersion Experience
- Network with professors, peers, business leaders and alumni during the March 15-18 immersion in San Francisco, CA.
- The weekend is focused on exploring a 360 degree view of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Thinking, from the venture capitalist perspective to analyzing customer insights to drive product innovation to learning how to sustain a culture of innovation in organizations small or large.
- The weekend begins with a company visit to Google and includes a half-day interactive product development exercise on Saturday. Sunday’s sessions focus on disruptive business models and include both the academic and
- You will engage in experiential team-based projects with your fellow classmates from around the world
Logistics and Schedule
- Required sessions will begin at 7:30 am on Friday, March 15, and run no later than 4 pm on Sunday, March 18. Please plan to arrive no later than Thursday evening.
- The closest airport to the hotel is San Francisco International (SFO), an alternate airport is Oakland International Airport (OAK). More detailed travel advice will be provided in your course through the 2NC platform.
- Single occupancy accommodations and meals are included, beginning with dinner Thursday night through lunch Sunday afternoon.
- An optional social dinner with UNC Kenan-Flagler faculty is scheduled for students who arrive early enough on Thursday.
- Program and accommodations are scheduled at the Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco- Union Square (http://www.parc55hotel.com)
Registration and Billing
- Tuition, materials, room and board for up to four Immersion Experiences are included in tuition for the program.
- You will be billed $1,000 tuition on your bill for the quarter (this is included in tuition and applies only to your first two Immersion Experiences).
- You are responsible for your own transportation arrangements and costs.
- Registration for MBA892 follows the same timeline and process as your other classes. Withdrawing from the Immersion Experience after the drop/add period for the quarter will result in a re-booking fee of $500.
- Space is limited. Please contact 1-877-986-2622, or onlineMBAstudentsupport@unc.edu to reserve your spot
Thursday, March 15th
- Optional Welcome Social and Dinner with local UNC Kenan-Fagler alumni and Bill Starling, Chair of Board of Visitors; CEO Synecor, LLC
Friday, March 16th
- Company Visit: Google – Developing and Maintaining a Culture of Innovation – Host: Brent Callinicos, KFBS Alumni, Vice President & Treasurer, Google
- Working Lunch
- Innovation and Customer Insight with Dr. Sridhar Balasubramanian,UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Delancey Street Foundation-Innovation and social entrepreneurship discussion with Delancey Street Foundation leadership Dinner.
Saturday, March 17th
- Marketplace of Ideas Team-based simulation to experience the process of innovation, rapid\ prototyping, refining and selling an idea.
- Turning a Great Idea Into a Great Business – Venture Capital Panel with Tim Haley, Redpoint Ventures; Raj Kapoor, Mayfield Fund; Dan Rosen, Highland Capital; Bill Starling, Synecor/Synergy Life Science Partners.
- Dinner and NCAA Basketball Tournament Viewing at Public House Sports Bar.
Sunday, March 18th
- Disruption and Accelerating the Curve of Innovation with Professor Brad Staats, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Disruptive Business Models with Joe Kennedy, Chairman, President, & CEO, Pandora
- Town Hall Discussion - Doug Shackelford, Associate Dean, MBA@UNC, and Susan Cates, Executive Director, MBA@UNC