Chapel Hill Immersion Experience
- The inaugural Immersion Experience is focused on leadership development: helping you to better understand your strengths and opportunities for growth in the context of team collaboration and individual work and to develop those skills in an intensive three day session.
- Individualized development work begins before you arrive, with the completion of a 360 degree assessment designed to collect feedback from your professional network about you as a leader. The results of the assessment will form the basis of your individualized coaching – from expert coaches, faculty, senior staff and your peers – in multiple settings and sessions throughout the weekend.
- The weekend begins with an experiential team-based simulation, which leads into a session on effective (and less effective) team dynamics with one of our most senior faculty members.
- You will hone your networking skills, focus on persuasion and influence, and experience your ability to perform under pressure in sessions throughout the weekend.
- The weekend is designed to push your thinking and develop your skills through new models, experience, reflection and coaching – and help you develop a plan to put these new approaches in action immediately
Logistics and Schedule
- Required sessions will begin at 8 A.M. on Friday, December 16, and run no later than 4 P.M. on Sunday, December 18. Please plan to arrive no later than Thursday evening.
- The closest airport to campus is Raleigh-Durham International (RDU). More detailed travel advice will be provided in your course through the 2NC platform.
- Single occupancy accommodations and meals are included, beginning with dinner Thursday night through lunch Sunday afternoon.
- An optional social/ dinner with UNC Kenan-Flagler faculty and residential students is scheduled for students who arrive early enough on Thursday.
- Student tickets to the UNC-Appalachian State basketball game at the Dean Dome are included as part of the Immersion Experience. Dinner on Saturday after the game is scheduled at Spanky’s on Franklin Street, Chapel Hill’s “Main Street.”
- Program and accommodations are scheduled at The Paul J. Rizzo Conference Center (http://www.rizzoconferencecenter.com), UNC’s award-winning Executive Development facility.
Registration and Billing
- Tuition, materials, room and board for up to four Immersion Experiences are included in tuition for the program.
- You will be billed $1,000 tuition on your bill for the quarter (this is included in tuition and applies only to your first two Immersion Experiences).
- You are responsible for your own transportation arrangements and costs.
- Registration for MBA892 follows the same timeline and process as your other classes. Withdrawing from the Immersion Experience after the drop/add period for the quarter will result in a re-booking fee of $500.
- The registration deadline is November 21, 2011 and space is limited. Please contact
1-877-986-2622, or onlineMBAstudentsupport@unc.edu to reserve your spot.
Thursday, December 16th
- Optional Social and Dinner with UNC Kenan-Flagler faculty and students
- Morning Kick-Offwith UNC Kenan-Flagler and MBA@UNC Leadership
- Team Challenge: Design Thinker Simulation
- Leadership Development Session: Overview of 360 Assessments with Shelly Gorman
- Peer Coaching Sessions
- Expert Coaching Sessions
- Social and Dinner with university leadership, faculty and alumni
Saturday, December 18th
- Expert Coaching Sessions
- Leadership Development Session: Team Dynamics with Professor Dave Hofmann
- Working Lunch: Effective Networking / Expert Coaching Sessions
- Leadership Development Session: Persuasion & Influence with Professor Dave Roberts
- Evening Activities: Campus Tour, UNC-Appalachian Basketball Game, Dinner and Drinks at Spanky’s on Franklin Street
- Leadership Development Session:Performing Under Pressure with Associate Director of Leadership Peter Romanella
- Leadership Development Session: Mindfulness in Practice
- Debrief and Reflection
- Optional Career Management Sessions