Immersion Weekends are a critical component of the MBA@UNC Program, incorporating unique learning experiences across the spectrum of academic, social and business engagement. Expect these weekends to include:
- Faculty-led action-learning experiences integrating concepts of leadership and strategy, delivered through simulations, competitions and other avenues.
- Options from which to choose during each Immersion, allowing every student to customize their Immersion experience.
- Face to face coaching on career management, executive presence, and individual leadership styles and potential derailers.
- Opportunities to network with fellow students and alumni, faculty and staff, strengthening your connections across UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Exposure to thought leaders across the corporate and academic spheres.
Requirements and Options
You are invited to attend as many of these as you wish during the course of your degree program, and you are required to attend and successfully complete two Immersions prior to graduation. Your tuition includes room and board for up to four Immersion Weekends. Travel expenses and arrangements are each student’s responsibility.
Choose the Immersion Weekends that best meet your schedule and your interests. We have designed our program to maximize flexibility for our students, many of whom are juggling demanding careers, travel schedules, family and community demands while pursuing their MBA degree.
We invite you to our first Immersion Weekend to be held December 16-18, 2011 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Future Immersions are planned for San Francisco, London, Sao Paolo, Singapore, and Chicago.
To allow UNC Kenan-Flagler to plan appropriately for faculty, staff and program logistics, we require advance registration for Immersion Weekends. Students will register for an Immersion via the same timeline and process as course registration for that quarter.