- How is MBA@UNC different from other MBA programs?
- How is this program like other UNC MBA programs?
- Who will my classmates be?
- When will classes begin?
- How long will I take to complete my degree in MBA@UNC?
- May I take electives or declare a concentration?
- What’s required of students who take an MBA@UNC course?
- Is MBA@UNC delivered completely online?
- How much time should I expect to dedicate to MBA@UNC?
- What type of career support is provided to MBA@UNC students?
MBA@UNC is an innovative online MBA program from top-ranked UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. MBA@UNC features the same rigorous curriculum as the on-campus programs, and students earn the same UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA. Courses are delivered in a live, virtual classroom by UNC’s world-renowned faculty.
It is designed for working professionals seeking to develop their leadership skills and build a global network who prefer the flexibility or learning style provided by a program primarily offered online.
Through the use of innovative technologies and real-world immersion experiences, MBA@UNC blends the flexibility of an online program with the rigor and quality of an on-campus experience. Our live classes have a faculty-to-student ratio of just 1:15, which creates an intense and rich learning environment.
MBA@UNC graduates earn the same prestigious MBA degree as graduates of UNC’s traditional full-time MBA program. MBA@UNC students experience the same top-caliber education, including many of the same classes, projects and professors.
Your MBA@UNC network will be comprised of global professionals living and working around the world. We look for candidates with strong professional and academic backgrounds who can thrive in UNC’s collaborative, team-based environment. We apply the same rigorous admissions standards to MBA@UNC that we require of our other MBA programs.
A class will start each quarter: July, October, January & April. Visit our website for cohort start dates and application deadlines.
Students entering MBA@UNC by taking two courses per quarter will complete the program in 24 months. Students have the flexibility to complete the program in as little as 18 or as many as 36 months.
MBA@UNC is designed to provide aspiring leaders with the strong general management and leadership curriculum required to propel them to the next level in their careers. In addition, students may customize their MBA@UNC experience by pursuing a concentration in one of the following fields: Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship, Global Supply Chain Management, Investment Management, Marketing, or Sustainable Enterprise. Learn more about concentrations.
Each course is designed and delivered by a UNC Kenan-Flagler professor and requires:
- Preparation outside of class, including teamwork and assignments that may include readings, cases, projects and papers.
- Lectures and delivery of new information in an asynchronous format.
- Weekly virtual meetings in a synchronous format, offered to small groups of 10-15 students led by faculty instructors. This may include case discussions, role plays, breakout groups and other discussions to drive learning.
- Quarterly three-day immersion weekends. Students will be responsible for completing all coursework for the immersion weekends, and are required to attend at least two over the duration of the program.
A key component of MBA@UNC is the in-person global immersion experience. At the end of each quarter, a face-to-face, three-day immersion is offered in locations around the world. In addition to class meetings, immersions also present opportunities for leadership development, career planning, peer networking and exposure to the local business environment.
MBA@UNC students are invited to all immersions but are required to attend two immersions during the course of the program. Room, board and program costs for four immersions are included in the MBA@UNC tuition. Students are responsible for their own travel expenses.
This is a rigorous program for highly-motivated professionals. In addition to the weekly synchronous class sessions, expect to dedicate approximately 10 hours per week per class for study time, preparation and asynchronous sessions.
Whether you want to grow within your company, prepare to retire from active military service and enter the civilian working world, explore future career opportunities, plan for an overseas assignment, or build your professional network, MBA@UNC can help you achieve these goals.
Leadership development and career support are integral parts of MBA@UNC. The program includes resources to support one-on-one career consultation, job search services, career management education and online resources, and lifelong alumni career support. The program does not include centralized recruiting and interviewing.